During this Coronavirus pandemic it is more important than ever to eat healthy foods that contain Vitamins C and other vitamins. Everyone should use this time to improve their eating habits. Start by adding the following food items to your diet.
- Red Bell Peppers – Very high in Vitamin C. According to US Dept of Agriculture, 1 cup of red bell pepper contains approximately 210% of your daily dose of Vitamin C. Doctors throughout the U.S. have been giving Coronavirus patients large doses of Vitamin C as part of their recovery. It makes sense to make sure you have high amounts of Vitamin C in your system to help prevent illness.
- Broccoli – Packed with Vitamin C. One half cup of broccoli provides you with nearly 45% of your daily dose of Vitamin C. Broccoli also contains Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that can help fight viruses and bacteria.
- Strawberries – Another great source of Vitamin C. If you are not a strawberry eater you can add strawberries to yogurt as a snack or instead of a sweet dessert.
- Garlic – Great immune booster with health benefits that have been known to reduce risk of heart attack and lowering blood pressure. Medical experts have been quoted as saying high blood pressure and diabetes patients have been hardest hit with the Coronavirus. Based on this information, anything that can be done to keep your blood pressure low is extremely important.
- Spinach – Rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Also contains beta carotene which is a great source pf Vitamin A.
Subscribe to HealthyNYC.com